About Rogy’s Morton
At Rogy’s Learning Place in Morton, we believe in making the most of your child’s early years. We take great steps to ensure exceptional, quality childcare for the children we serve, and to provide a customized learning experience for each student.
We teach children academically, as well as socially and emotionally. In fact, our primary goal at Rogy’s Learning Place in Morton, Illinois is knowing our children as individuals, which helps us meet their specific needs. The bottom line is that we celebrate the uniqueness of each child that walks through our preschool learning center’s doors.
Our Childcare & Preschool Programs:
- Infant Childcare (6 weeks – 15 months). In this childcare program, our highly-experienced teachers incorporate creative activities to help your infant in meeting his or her developmental goals.
- Toddler Childcare (15 months – 2 years). We base our toddler childcare program on language development, independence, creative movement, and classmate socialization.
- Two-Year-Olds (2 – 3 years). As part of our two-year-old program, we focus on cognitive and social development, a love of literacy, potty training, and lots of fitness and play time.
- Preschool (3 – 5 years). By integrating self-directed and structured activities, this preschool program offers opportunities for students to enhance skills and creativity. Activities focus on problem-solving, language, physical, as well as social skill building, all with an emphasis placed on elementary school readiness.
- Before & After School (5 – 12 years). We pick students up from local elementary schools for lots of learning and fun.
- Summer Camp (6 – 12 years). Kids need the chance to experience freedom as they explore a variety of interest areas in the classroom. In this summer school program, they are also encouraged to create activities relevant to their particular interests.
Our Focus On Your Child’s Social and Emotional Needs
At Rogy’s Learning Place, we incorporate an approach developed by the Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (CSEFEL) that recognizes positive behavior and reduces or helps eliminate, challenging behaviors. The Positive Behavior Support (PBS) program also enhances social and emotional development and promotes school readiness.
This innovative approach, which we refer to as PBS, focuses on being proactive in preventing challenging behaviors by building positive relationships; creating a supportive environment for students; and, leveraging particular methods in teaching social and emotional development. As such, the amount of time spent addressing challenging behaviors is significantly reduced and allows our teachers to focus on the positive behaviors.
Ultimately, the PBS program helps our early childhood educators to focus one-on-one with students, especially during challenging times. At Rogy’s Learning Place, we want your child to learn through every experience to ensure they are always growing and developing.
To find out more about PBS, visit:
Our Approach to Early Childhood Education
Because the goal of our private preschool is to focus on the positive, our teachers work hard to continuously create various strategies to reassure children that they are making good choices. With PBS, preschool students want to be “caught being good.” Our experienced teachers reinforce positive behavior regularly.
We also strive to meet the emotional needs of each child at our preschool learning center. For example, we offer a special “Thought Spot” in our classrooms, which provides a quiet space for students to relax when they need a moment to collect themselves. We offer posters, books, activities, comfortable rugs, and pillows to help children understand their feelings and learn to control various emotions.
Our staff members also incorporate Super Heroes and other popular characters around the classrooms to act as reminders to the children as to what our preschool center’s rules and expectations are.
Learn More about Our Preschool
Rogy’s Learning Place in Morton is conveniently located at 420 Maxine Dr, Morton, IL 61550.
Address & Directions
420 Maxine Drive
Morton, IL 61550
HoursMonday - Friday
6:30am - 6:00pm